So my concept is:
Secret Base – make an AR room that only exists in one geolocation and is only available to you and your friends. You have to build it from ground up with a room builder.
This was my personal todo list for the project:
- implement firebase user auth and database to get the friend system working
- todo later:
- fix security rules to not everyone can read/write
- add a sign out feature
- figure out authorization persistence
- figure out how to use vuforia user defined targets / uploading image targets from a camera
- figure out geolocation with mapbox probably??
- try to add uConstruct
- ask golan to help me pay $30 for uConstruct
What I have currently is a working user authorization system and database.
Basic Vuforia setup is working!
Above is a screenshot of the current database. It’s just two people, Connie and connie. They’re ordered by user ids, and contain- lists of friends, personal friend code, and a list of furniture and their info.
Questions for the presentation:
- I also would like some aesthetic direction
- does anyone know anything about dynamically uploading vuforia image targets
- build base in 3d view? or first person view? build in blank world or in AR?
- only one person can edit the base at a time to reduce confusion? or multiple users can edit at a time?