Friday class sessions (13) for Spring 2018:
- January 19 • Preliminaries. Lecture: An Introduction to New Media Art.
- January 26 • D1 Due (Geometry/Recode). Lecture: Animation and Computation.
- February 2 • D2 Due (Loop). Lecture: Representing Time.
- February 9 • D3 Due (Clock). Lecture: Generative Text and Conversational Systems.
- February 16 • D4 Due (Plot). Lecture: Randomness; Asemic Writing.
- February 23 • D5 Due (Chatbot). Lecture: Recording Gesture; Visualizing the Body.
- March 2 • D6 Due (Body). Lecture: Automata. Arduino. Creative Reuse.
- March 23 • Work Session.
- March 30 • D7 Due (Automaton). Lecture: Augmented and Virtual Reality.
- April 6 • Work Session.
- April 13 • D8 Due (AR). Capstone planning.
- April 27 • D9 Due (Capstone).
- May 4 • Final Exhibition at the STUDIO.
Special dates (guest lectures, etc.):
- 6pm Thursday, January 25: Pamelia Stickney presentation, in Hunt A10A
- 5:30pm Friday January 26: Exhibition at Wood Street: Ryoichi Kurokawa & Novi_Sad
- 5pm Monday, February 5: Gene Kogan lecture, at the STUDIO
- 5pm Wednesday, March 7: Bruce Sterling lecture, in Kresge
- 1:30pm Tuesday, March 20: Jason Salavon lecture, at the STUDIO
- 6:30pm Tuesday, March 20: Heather Dewey-Hagborg & Chelsea Manning, in McConomy
- 6:30pm Thursday, March 29: Jenny Odell lecture, at the STUDIO
- 6:30pm Tuesday, April 10: Kelli Anderson lecture, at the STUDIO
- 6:30pm Tuesday, April 24: Mimi Onuoha lecture, at the STUDIO
The Course Calendar below can also be found at http://bit.ly/golancoursecalendar.
(Ignore the “Independent Study Studio” entries on Mondays; that’s my other class.)