Important End-of-Semester Information
FINAL EXAM date, time and location:
Room DH-2210 (Dougherty Hall)
• Arrive EARLY, like 8:15am!! Students arriving late will not be given extra time. Please arrive 15 minutes before the exam period begins to get to your assigned seat so you can hear the exam instructions completely.
• Missing the exam will result in a failing grade for the exam. If you are ill or have a
family emergency during your exam time, you must have a valid documented excuse and
must speak with your instructor as soon as possible.
• Bring 2 pencils, erasers, and your student ID card (or some other government-issued
photo ID) with you. Your ID will be checked at the exam. If you do not bring an ID, you
may be asked to leave the exam room.
• You may not use electronic devices of any kind during the exam. This includes, but is
not limited to, cell phones, pagers, calculators, PDAs, computers, music players, etc. It is
better if you do not even bring these items to the exam room in the first place.
• Please use the restroom before arriving at your exam room.
WHAT TOPICS will be on the final exam? See these documents:
FINAL EXPERIMENT PROJECTS and other HOMEWORK
– Final Experiments are due 3pm on Friday December 12. We will have a fun viewing-session/party in room CFA-303 at that time.
– All unfinished homework assignments should be uploaded by 3pm, Friday 12 December for grading. Missing assignments will not be accepted after that time.
UNIVERSITY COURSE ASSESSMENTS:
The University Course Assessment (UCA) is open for your feedback, through Wednesday of this coming week. I really care about your feedback, and so does the school. I have received an automatic email informing me that 4 of you have still not filled this out — please take just a minute to fill out the form by going here: Link to the Carnegie Mellon portal at https://my.cmu.edu/site/main/page.academics and click on “University Course Assessment” under “Courses”.