A quick introduction to the Processing toolkit.
Visiting the Processing web site:
- Downloading Processing [Java]
- The Processing reference
- The Processing examples
- The Processing exhibition
- Processing tutorials
- Processing libraries
- Downloading P5.JS
- P5.JS Reference
- The differences between P5.JS and Processing [Java]
- More information about JS in Processing from Lauren’s ITP course
An overview of the Processing environment.
- Running examples
- Your sketchbook
- An overview of the environment [Java]
A lightning-fast introduction to Processing code.
- overall structure: setup() and draw().
- setting up the canvas: size() [Java] or createCanvas[JS]
- drawing primitives: line(), ellipse(), rect().
- graphics state: strokeWeight(), stroke(), fill(), smooth().
- color, transparency.
- time: millis(), frameCount()
- interaction: mousePressed(), mouseX, keyPressed()
- graphic transformations: translate(), scale(), pushMatrix(), etc.
- mathematics: random(), map(), noise()