In-Class Demonstrations, January 17
- Demonstration: Cleanup.Pictures (test image)
- Demonstration: Pix2Pix
- Demonstration: MidJourney (login details in the Discord)
- Demonstration: RunwayML AI Tools: Infinite Image
- Demonstration: ChatGPT
Deliverables and To-Do’s for Thursday 1/19
- Please review our Syllabus carefully.
- Connect our course Calendar to your own.
- Create an OpenProcessing account.
- A Discord invite has been sent to you by email. Join our class Discord.
- Complete this critically-important Welcome Questionnaire before class on Thursday.
- Complete deliverable 1.1, Looking Outwards #1
- Complete deliverable 1.2, Image-to-Image Translation with Pix2Pix
- Complete deliverable 1.3, Text Synthesis with InferKit and NarrativeDevice
Additionally, please be aware that you will need the following items, in a few weeks’ time. Now’s a good time to make sure you have these:
- An external hard drive. A solid-state drive that is recommended by our faculty is the Sandisk Extreme 1TB SSD ($100), but other sizes and types of drives are acceptable too. You will want to format your drive to ExFat; other formats will not allow access from both Mac and Windows. If you still have your external hard drive from 60-110, it is acceptable to use that.
- A three-button mouse. I happen to prefer wired mice like the Logitech M100 wired mouse (USB-A, $9) or the Lenovo 400 wired mouse (USB-C, $10). A wireless mouse is also acceptable.