Lecture notes from the first class, 11 January 2010.
Agenda for the Session.
- Structure of Class
- Overview of Subjects and Assignments
- Review of Schedule
- Review of Tools (Processing, OpenFrameworks)
- Sneak Peeks
- Explanation of Assignment 0
- Blog logins
Some Peeks at What’s To Come.
This is by no means an exhaustive representation of topics covered in the class.
(Omitted here, for example, are interactive typography, audiovisual performance, etc.)
Information Visualization: A Peek Ahead
- New York Times, A Peek Into Netflix Queues (2010)
- Martin Wattenberg, Baby Name Voyager (2005)
- Jonathan Harris & Sep Kamvar, We Feel Fine (2006)
- Jesse Kriss CMU’04, The History of Sampling (2004)
- Golan Levin et al., The Secret Lives of Numbers (2002)
- Andrew Van De Moere, Infosthetics Blog
Simulation and Form Synthesis: A Peek Ahead
- Steering Behaviors (Craig Reynolds)
- Evolved Virtual Creatures (1994, Karl Sims)
- Creatures (Lee Byron, CMU’08)
- Sniff interactive dog (Karolina Sobecka & Jim Georges)
- Various works by Robert Hodgin
- Type & Form case study by Karsten Schmidt
- GeneratorX 2.0 Exhibition and photosets
Interaction, Augmentation, and Computer Vision: A Peek Ahead
Comments Off on Lecture-01-11