This blog uses the Kimili Flash Embed Plugin to embed SWF files in your posts. Here’s a demo of a Flash upload and embedding in the blog:
- First, I created a project whose filename included my name and my project number (and as a precaution, had no capital letters). That’s important!
- I Published (exported) my program, from Flash (Shift-F12 or File->Publish).
- I logged into the blog and chose to “Add New” Post (not Page).
- I used the Upload/Insert “Add Media” button (8-pointed star) to upload my .SWF file. Before closing the Uploader window, I made a note of its storage location URL, which looks like this: http://golancourses.net/2010spring/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/3_graphics.swf
- This blog has installed the Kimili Flash Embed Plugin, about which you can read more here. In the Post Editor, you will see either a red Flash button (in Visual mode), or a “Kimili Flash Embed” button (in HTML mode). Press this button, and you will now be editing the Kimili Tag Generator.
- Paste the storage location URL into the field labeled “Flash (.swf)”, which currently has “untitled.swf”.
- Enter the dimensions of your Flash program into the “Dimensions” fields, and press the Generate button. This will insert some text beginning with [kml …. ] into your blog post.
- I remembered to Categorize my blog Post with an appropriate category, e.g. Project-0.
- I also uploaded a zip archive of my entire Flash project, for archival purposes, which I linked in here: flash_as3_sample_drawing_3.zip.
Comments Off on Flash Embedding