Capstone Project Final Critique Documentation
For the final critique, I have decided to convert my project into a toy train layout simulator. I am currently placing an emphasis on improving the design of the project. Please see the following contemporary screenshots of the project below.
- Build intersecting train tracks.
- Run cars along the tracks.
- Build direction indicators to specify witch branches cars should take when they get to a branch.
- Hotkeys for easy building.
- Simplified behavior for this Toy version.
What Bryce Did:
- Bryce majorly simplified and re implemented his JAVA game engine.
- Bryce simplified his personal GUI framework to now use event based buttons without polling and the new wonderful functional programming features of JAVA 8
- Bryce implemented the interface logic and mappings between all of the components.
- Bryce implemented train track following algorithms and a representation for the mathematical state of the track layouts.
- Bryce implemented the logic for input/output mappings and allowing cars to branch based on the logical system.
- Bryce received some major design help from Miles Peyton.