The following spaces and fabrication facilities are available to IACD students.
- Frank-Ratchye STUDIO for Creative Inquiry, directed by Prof. Golan Levin. Has a small assortment of computers and tools. Can be used by IACD students as a place to meet and work, weekdays 9-6.
- CMU ArtFab. The School of Art’s physical computing & CNC machining facility, directed by Prof. Ali Momeni.
- CMU School of Art Digital Arts Studio. The School of Art’s laser cutter and 3D printing facility, managed by Fran Flaherty.
- CMU School of Architecture dFab. Architecture’s digital fabrication laboratory, directed by Prof. Jeremy Ficca and Zach Ali.
- CMU Collaborative Machining Center. Hosts various 3D printers, the STUDIO’s Lasersaur open-source lasercutter, and other equipment, directed by Larry Hayhurst.