The Pitt Scanning Electron Microscope:
We have the extraordinary opportunity to use the JSM 6335F Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) at the Pitt Center for Biologic Imaging (CBI). This is located on the 2nd floor of the “Biomedical Science Tower” medical research facility of the University of Pittsburgh Medical School.
The address of this building is Biomedical Science Tower, 203 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. The building is located a half-block northwest of 5th avenue, and spans the block between Lothrop and Darragh streets. Here’s a Google map.
Note: Plan at least 45 minutes to get to the CBI lab. It takes at least 25-30 minutes to walk to the CBI from CFA, if you know exactly where you’re going. This building is large and complicated. Give yourself an additional 10 minutes to find the location. DO NOT BE LATE! Here’s the schedule:
- Thursday 1/26, Noon-1pm: gloeilamp, cdslls, Geep
- Friday 1/27, 9-10am: Golan, Claire
- Friday 1/27, 10-11am: Bernie, hizlik, caro
- Friday 1/27, 11am-Noon: Fourth, ngdon, a
- Friday 1/27, Noon-1pm: Quan, Bierro, mikob
- Friday 1/27, 1-2pm: blue, fatik, DMGordon
- Friday 1/27, 2-3pm: iciaiot, weija, sayers
- Friday 1/27, 3-4pm: Kyin, supercgeek, +1
- Thursday January 26, 1:30pm: Blog post on SEM due.
- Thursday January 26, 5pm: Skawennati will give a presentation in the STUDIO.
- Friday January 27, 6pm: Hacking/Modding/Remixing (opening at the Miller Gallery).
- Tuesday January 31, 2:00pm: Jeff Hinkelman will give a presentation in class.
- Tuesday January 31, 3:00pm: OpenFrameworks introduction. Have your IDE installed, per instructions.
- Thursday February 2nd, 3pm: Charlie White will give a presentation in class.
Today’s mini-lectures are as follows.