We will collect your SEM samples for the small group visiting Friday.
Today we have a presentation by Jeff Hinkelman, Film & Video Librarian at CMU, on portraiture in time-based media. Jeff showed:
- Portrait of Thomas Edison (1897): portrait as hagiography.
- Conan the Barbarian (1982), at 14″40″: physicality as portrait; actor can’t act.
- Muhammad the Last Prophet, animated feature, Chapter 5. Can’t show subject.
- A Married Woman (1963) Jean-Luc Godard. From Kuleshov: assembly from parts.
- Duck Amuck (1953). Character defined by setting
- Rubber Duckie (1970), Sesame Street. A triple portrait: Duck, Ernie, Jim Henson.
- Coco the Clown (1922), Max & Dave Fleischer. Early rotoscoping.
- Screen Tests (1960s), Andy Warhol.
- Shirin (2008), Kiarostami, film of people watching a film
Aftwerwards, we have an introduction to openFrameworks.
- Work created in openFrameworks, on CreativeApplications
- Work created in openFrameworks, on Vimeo
- ofxAddons.com, the Matrix stockroom